Blog posts below include upcoming trainings, events, and educational resources. For a library of resources for providers such as books, videos, and on-line webinars, please check out our Provider Resource Library.
- Free training on Personal & Professional Safety for TGNC Community, Therapists, & AdvocatesPersonal & Professional Safety for TGNC Community, Therapists, & Advocates Offered for free on-line, Friday 12:30p-2:30p, register here Description by the organizer: This event will be live on Zoom, and also recorded in case you can’t make it live! We will be engaging in a discussion with experts—including Andy Izenson, trans lawyer/activist/Harvard professor; Wolf Goerlich,Continue reading “Free training on Personal & Professional Safety for TGNC Community, Therapists, & Advocates”
- Free Upcoming APA training on supporting Trans and Nonbinary ClientsOffered May 16th 12-1p telehealth Training description: The rising hostility towards trans and nonbinary (TNB) individuals in mainstream discourse and politics is having significant impacts on the TNB community, ranging from limitations on civil liberties and access to care to emotional distress and safety concerns. Through review of the current landscape, discussion of relevant research,Continue reading “Free Upcoming APA training on supporting Trans and Nonbinary Clients”
- 2023 Rhode Island Trans Health ConferenceThe Rhode Island Trans Health Conference is back! After a hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference has returned to offer a full day of in-person education, resources, and shared best practices. This is the 6th Rhode Island Trans Health Conference dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of the transgender and gender diverseContinue reading “2023 Rhode Island Trans Health Conference”
- April 2023 GDCC NH meeting notesPolitical Climate and and anti-trans legislation Thanks to all that attended our April meeting. Today we discussed the political targeting of trans communities by Republican legislators and governors in several states. In NH, we discussed that all but one anti-trans bill had been quashed. Currently only the forced out bill remains active and will beContinue reading “April 2023 GDCC NH meeting notes”
- Join 603 Equality in defeating the forced outing billThere are two ways to help, join two phone banking events to call voters or contact your representatives by email or phone. Details below quoted directly from 603 Equality’s newsletter: Friends, We’ve added another community call and phonebank on Sunday to tell state reps: Vote against SB 272, the so-called “parental bill of rights” that singlesContinue reading “Join 603 Equality in defeating the forced outing bill”
- In person training opportunity in Manchester NHTRANSGENDER: Shedding Light on the Issue Dividing our Nation, Tormenting Clients, and Challenging Religious and Business Communities, May 12, 2023 University of New Hampshire Professional Development and Training and The New Hampshire Pastoral Psychotherapist Association are proud to present a day with Rev. Dr. Paula Stone Williams, an internationally known speaker, educator, and consultant onContinue reading “In person training opportunity in Manchester NH”
- NPR NH reports on the impact of anti-trans bills being heard today in NHThe Gender Diverse Care Coalition’s own Harvey Feldman is one of the providers interviewed about the impact of the multiple anti-trans bills proposed this year on trans youth in NH. Read the story on NPR NH here. The hearings for the bills are today. You can also Follow 603 Equality for live updates today (@603EqualityContinue reading “NPR NH reports on the impact of anti-trans bills being heard today in NH”
- Share your experiences on LGBT+ inclusion in NH HealthcareUNH Graduate Research Fellow, Evan England is doing a research study on LGBT+ inclusion in Health care settings in NH. Evan is collecting information through an on-line survey and is requesting feedback from both health care providers and residents of NH. If you would like to participate you can read more about the survey here.
- ACLU’s map of attacks on LGBTQ+ rightsACLU has created a map to track anti-LGBTQ legislation across the country. Included currently are two proposed laws in NH, HB 619 to prohibit gender affirmative medical care for trans youth and HB 396 related to defining “biological sex.” 603 Equality is also tracking legislation and organizing responses. This article talks about 603 Equality‘s workContinue reading “ACLU’s map of attacks on LGBTQ+ rights”
- Upcoming TrainingsHere are a few upcoming trainings, conferences and workshops related to working with trans, nonbinary, and gender diverse communities: Suicidality in the LGBTQ Communitywith Raji Edayathumangalam, MSc, PhD, LCSW Saturday, March 11th, 2023; 10:00am – 3:00pm* EST on Zoom. LGBTQIA+ Health Summit April 22 @ 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Affirmation Matters: Clinical Work withContinue reading “Upcoming Trainings”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.