Blog posts below include upcoming trainings, events, and educational resources. For a library of resources for providers such as books, videos, and on-line webinars, please check out our Provider Resource Library.
- Resources for supporting the LGBTQAI+ community after an act of violenceJust before midnight on November 19th, 2022, police in Colorado Springs Colorado were alerted to a shooting at Club Q, a gay nightclub in the city. At least five people have been killed as of this writing, and many more injured. The shooting is being investigated as a hate crime, and Club Q had beenContinue reading “Resources for supporting the LGBTQAI+ community after an act of violence”
- The 2022 US Trans Survey is liveA message from US Trans Survey Team: We’re proud to announce that the U.S. Trans Survey is now open and ready for you to take! Whether you pledged to take the survey or not, you can take the survey today!! As trans people, we know that we’ve accomplished incredible things together as a community. JoinContinue reading “The 2022 US Trans Survey is live”
- Transgender Day of Remembrance 2022November 20th is Transgender Day of (Resilience) Remembrance*. We want to share some resources that can be used in order to learn more, as well as support clients in their experience of TDOR and feelings regarding transgender violence more generally. Here’s a bit more information about the history and intention of the day: https://www.glaad.org/tdor?fbclid=IwAR1RCzyMC6nFV9jCSHD-aj6Azl2oe02W4viIa009N7rHypdPJbtNs9uqtPk Here isContinue reading “Transgender Day of Remembrance 2022”
- Upcoming Provider trainingsHere are a few more upcoming trainings for providers, listed by date. Keep an eye on our blog for more and feel free to share others with us through our contact page. Why Friendly Isn’t Enough: Why Friendly isn’t Enough: Becoming an LGBTQIA+ Affirmative Clinical Practice, Live online September 30 Program Description:While many clinicians considerContinue reading “Upcoming Provider trainings”
- Upcoming meeting information
- Fall Trainings from SAYFTEESAYFTEE is hosting a variety of trainings for providers this fall centered around the needs of queer and gender diverse clients. For a full list of trainings, details and registration information please see SAYFTEE’s provider trainings. Listed below a few examples of upcoming trainings: Neuroqueer complexities: Exploration of common challenges experienced by neuroqueer people andContinue reading “Fall Trainings from SAYFTEE”
- 2022 Fall retreat for Trans YouthWe wanted to share this information provided by Sam & Devorah Foundation for Transgender Youth for what looks like a great event. Details below: Sam & Devorah Foundation for Transgender Youth is excited to announce our upcoming Fall Retreat for trans and nonbinary youth ages 12-17! This exciting opportunity will take place in the BerkshiresContinue reading “2022 Fall retreat for Trans Youth”
- TransYouth Care SymposiumWe wanted to share information about a training provided by TransYouth Care this August: The 4th Annual TransYouthCare Symposium (TYCS) is here! TYCS is a comprehensive 16-hour training designed for professionals interested in providing sensitive and competent mental health and medical care for gender-diverse children, transgender youth and young adults. CEUs are available for mentalContinue reading “TransYouth Care Symposium”
- Notes and Updates from our May meetingThanks to all of you who attended and participated in our meeting. It was a really productive time, including but not limited to: -a discussion about how to care for ourselves and our clients in the midst of political upheaval and change -a successful referral for a client looking for a letter of support -aContinue reading “Notes and Updates from our May meeting”
- Trans people tell their storiesHere are a couple of places where you can watch, read, or listen to trans people talk about their stories or share their photos. New York Times: Transgender Lives: Your Stories I am trans: Trans people speak: A project of Mass Trans Political Coalition The Espavo Project: Espavo means “Thank you for taking your powerContinue reading “Trans people tell their stories”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.